It’s a Guy Thing… Do’s and Don’ts for V Day…That’s Valentine’s Day!
It is the middle of the night, and I hear an awful noise coming from another room in my condo. At first, I think it is my dog pushing his ceramic dog bowl around. I get up, to see that Brody is sleeping in his bed. I hear the noise again, and it is coming from the kitchen.
I think to myself “Oh, please don’t be a mouse”. I hear it again, and it is coming from the drawer underneath the stove. I open it, and there it is, my worst fear. Ugh, you can’t un-see that! So now, I’m wide awake knowing that there is mouse in my house.
Tomorrow, I have to put my big girl paints on, and get the most humane trap I can find, and let this thing out in the wild. The thought of this makes me sick to my stomach. I hate to say there are gender specific jobs, but this, soooo is!
So, do your wife, your girlfriend, your life partner etc., a solid and dispose of whatever is going bump in the night, for her—and while we are on the topic of mice…what about those rats? Be sure to not act like the animal you’re deposing of. If you do, she’ll be putting you out in the wild with the rat!
Valentine’s Day Don’ts
- Don’t ignore the holiday! No matter how long you have been dating, you have to do something.
- Don’t say you are going to take her out of town with you, and cancel on her a couple days before. Seems obvious, but it has sadly happened.
- Don’t say you are going to do something special like make her a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, and not do it.
- Don’t buy her a household device as a gift. Just say no to blenders, brooms, etc.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. This is the biggest day of the year for florist, restaurants, and gift shops. You have to plan ahead. You must make a reservation, if you want to get into a nice restaurant. If you would like to have gifts delivered to her home or work, you will need to make those orders in advance.